Bullpen Marketing and its staff make it a point to be highly involved in charitable Houston-based projects. We love to support our community and get involved with organizations that share our beliefs.
Below are just some of the ways that Bullpen gives back currently.
• Since 2005, Bullpen Marketing has involved itself with “Steps for Students,” a 5K race event put on by one of our clients—the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. The race unites over 60 schools in one day to promote Catholic education as well as raise funds for tuition assistance for inner city schools.
• Our President, Colin Hageney, has served on the board of Catholic Charities since 2005. Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive network of social services aimed at promoting and facilitating self-sufficiency among groups such as refugees, children, seniors, the poor, and many others.
• Our Chief Operating Officer, Robert Melvin, has served as the Job Referral Director for the Houston Chapter of the American Marketing Association since 1997. In this role, he pioneered the weekly AMA Houston Job Referral e-Newsletter and evolved it to one of the best marketing job pipelines in the country. He has mentored countless individuals on their job search while helping thousands of people find marketing employment.
• Many employees at Bullpen are very involved with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and assist with the wonderful contributions the event makes to the community. Two specific committees that our employees are involved in are the School Arts Committee which awards scholarships to children of all ages and the Special Children’s Committee which is responsible for hosting social service agencies and schools for physically/developmentally challenged children and adults so that these groups can attend the show.
• Ongoing charitable efforts by Bullpen Marketing include donating items such as printing services, flyers, web design, work time, etc. to non-profit organizations such as Glam Girls, Plant It Forward, and many others.
Bullpen is constantly looking to give back to the community and each employee is urged to get involved.