iPhone Text Replacement for Hashtags
Did you know that you can use your iPhone text replacement feature to insert multiple hashtags at once?! While this text replacement feature on iPhone can be used for any instance of text usage, we are going to focus on hashtags & social media. If your brand uses the same few hashtags when posting most of your photos on social media, this is a great time saving tip. It allows you to type in one unique word or string of text that will be replaced with your specified “replacement text”. This also means you don’t have to remember which hashtags you use each time you post – great for maintaining a consistent presence in those searchable categories. No more copy/ paste hassle, just use the text replacement feature and then type additional tags from there. Follow these simple step by step instructions on how to do this below:
1. Launch the Settings and navigate to General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.
2. Tap the plus sign in the top right corner to add a new Text Replacement.
3. In the Phrase field, type in the entire hashtag series you want to create the shortcut for. (ex. #bullpen #marketing #love #awesome)
4. In the Shortcut field, type in the word you want to be replaced by the phrase. (ex. bpm, ilybp or anything you will easily remember and not use often – don’t make your shortcut something you type out on the reg because it will automatically replace that word with this text!)
5. Tap Save.
6. Test it out! Anytime you type that phrase followed by the space bar, your shortcut Text Replacement will appear! MAGIC!
Let this simple trick make your life a little easier, share it with friends when you need to appear tech savvy & most importantly let it help make your brand shine! For more social media magic, contact Bullpen Marketing and one of our pros will be happy to help! #LoveBullpen